Wednesday, November 14, 2012

THE MISIDENTIFIED HITS OF ROCK & ROLL

While working at Rock 99 (KWTO-FM), I and some of my co-workers noticed that some people requested songs by the hook rather than the actual title. This was because the title had nothing to do with the song itself.I have listed about twenty of the songs that was requested by the wrong title. The actual title of the song is in the parentheses. I should mention that some of these were not on the Rock 99 playlist while I worked there, but the mangled request always made me and my fellow DJs laugh.
  1. "Stop, Children, What's That Sound" by Buffalo Springfield (For What It's Worth)
  2. "This Ain't No Party, This Ain't No Disco" by Talking Heads (Life During War Time)
  3. "Welcome Back My Friends To the Show That Never Ends" by Emerson, Lake & Palmer (Karn Evil #9)
  4. "Go Ask Alice" by Jefferson Airplane (White Rabbit)
  5. "I Need a Dirty Woman" by Pink Floyd (Young Lust)
  6. "Teenage Wasteland" by the Who (Baba O'Riley)
  7. "Ground Control To Major Tom" by David Bowie (Space Oddity)
  8. "Don't Go" by Led Zeppelin (D'yer Mak'er)
  9. "Hearts Afire" by Earth, Wind & Fire (That's the Way of the World)
  10. "I Don't Give A Damn, I Ain't Going To Vietnam" by Country Joe & the Fish (I Feel Like I'm Fixing To Die Rag)
  11. "I Love the Flower Girl" by the Cowsills (The Rain, The Park and Other Things)
  12. "My Name Is Lucifer" by Black Sabbath (N.I.B)
  13. "Clap Your Hands a Little Bit Louder" by Stevie Wonder (Fingertips Part 2)
  14. "Mr. Jones" by Bob Dylan (Ballad of the Thin Man)
  15. "There Is No Dying" by The Beatles (Tomorrow Never Knows)
  16. "Take A Load Off Annie" by The Band (The Weight)
  17. "I Don't Like Cricket" by 10CC (Dreadlock Holiday)
  18. "There's Blood In the Streets" by the Doors (Peace Frog)
  19. "See My Lonely Life" by Alice Cooper (The Ballad of Dwight Fry)
  20. "Don't Ask Me What I Think of You" by Fleetwood Mac (Oh Well)
Honorable Mentions: "Little Robin Marie" by Mountain (Nantucket Sleighride), "Annie, Are You Okay?" Michael Jackson (Smooth Criminal) and "Here We Are, Entertain Us" by Nirvana (Smells Like Teen Spirit).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...