Saturday, November 17, 2012

DESDINOVA'S FAVORITE ROLLING STONES SONGS


To celebrate their 50th anniversary, the Rolling Stones have released a new greatest hits compilation entitled GRRR! To be exact, they have released three different versions of this greatest hits, each one with more hits included. I became a major fan of the Rolling Stones in the seventh grade. That was when they released the Tattoo You LP which included the hits "Start Me Up," "Waiting On a Friend" and "Hang Fire." Oddly enough, I saved up enough money to get Hot Rock 1964-1971, because I felt I should start at the beginning with the songs that had made them famous. From there, I was hooked. I've decided to list my twenty favorite Rolling Stones songs. Trust me, I could pick more than twenty, but I think twenty is enough for now.

  1. "Jumping Jack Flash"
  2. "Paint It Black"
  3. "Start Me Up"
  4. "Bitch"
  5. "I Can't Get No Satisfaction"
  6. "She Was Hot"
  7. "She's So Cold"
  8. "Can't You Hear Me Knocking"
  9. "Dandelion"
  10. "Get Off of My Cloud"
  11. "The Last Time"
  12. "It's Only Rock & Roll (But I Like It)"
  13. "Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)"
  14. "Miss You"
  15. "Time Waits For No One"
  16. "Gimmie Shelter"
  17. "Brown Sugar"
  18. "Let's Spend the Night Together"
  19. "Under My Thumb"
  20. "Honky Tonk Woman"
As I said above, there could be more. I will add this, my two least favorite Rolling Stones songs are "Fool To Cry" and "You Can't Always Get What You Want." I also left off (on purpose) songs that the Rolling Stones covered, "Ain't Too Proud to Beg," "Harlem Shuffle" and "It's All Over Now." 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...