Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Doc Severinsen and Johnny Carson Talk Thanksgiving Plans on "The Tonight...

I had never seen all of this, only an edited version. Interesting side note, Doc Severinsen played at Juanita K. Hammons Hall a few years ago. The radio show I was producing for a local radio station was going to have a phone interview with Doc to promote the concert. As a lead in to the interview, we were playing a recording Doc made of the "Tonight Show Theme." I always would secure the line by asking the person to be interviewed if they could hear the music on air coming through their phone. Desdinova: Mr. Severinsen, could you hear the music we was playing? Doc Severinsen: Son, I would recognize that song anywhere! That is one of the coolest moments of my career.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...