Friday, February 22, 2013

THE PANCAKES AND POPSICLES IPOD PLAYLIST


Most of the banners or cards on Facebook are either silly or insult my political beliefs. This one is funny because it pokes fun at the self righteous "kids-today-are worthless" garbage that many of the other banners and cards on Facebook tend to exposes.

I thought I would take a look at a few songs that should keep my generation and the Baby Boomer generation from being so high and mighty on the subject of "wholesome, family friendly" music.

So why did I entitle this post "Pancakes and Popsicles Ipod Playlist"? I used "pancakes" as a tip of the hat to Gilligan Newton-John of the Retrospace blog. He uses "pancakes" as a euphemism for certain activities. This was he can talk about how attitudes about "pancakes" have changed since the 60s, 70s and 80s, without attracting an unsavory crowd who are Googling the word that "pancakes" substitutes. Some cranky adults and Ozarkers  (Remember State Rep. Jean Dixon?) would say that all of these songs are "pancakes."

Those of you who read the old blog, may remember I used to poke fun at a certain Springfield talk radio show host. He used the word "Popsicles" as a euphemism for a part of the male anatomy. He would say that your truly didn't have the Popsicles to make fun of him in person. Why would I want to be face to face with this crazy nut? He threw a sack of tennis balls a former News Leader editor Tony Messenger because he said he didn't have any "Popsicles" (The sack of tennis balls was a metaphor for what he used the word "Popsicles" for on the radio). That is one of the reasons I had the photo of Paris Hilton eating a Popsicle that I used on my last post.

I guess you could say I have a lot of "Popsicles" to create an Ipod playlist about "pancakes."

"Push It" Salt N Peppa
"Me So Horny" 2 Live Crew
"You Shook Me All Night Long" AC/DC
"Sister Ray" Velvet Underground
"Little Girl" John & Jackie
"Je T'Aime...Moi Non Plus" Serge Gainsbourg & Jane Birkin
"Talk Dirty To Me" Poison
"Double Shot (Of My Baby's Love)" The Swinging Medallions
"Do It Again a Little Bit Slower" Jon & Robin and The Crowd (written by a guy from Springfield, MO)
"Miracles" Jefferson Starship
"Physical" Olivia Newton-John
"Sugar Walls" Sheena Easton
"Imaginary Lover" Atlanta Rhythm Section
"Can Your Pussy Do The Dog?" The Cramps
"Turning Japanese" The Vapors
"Sex Dwarf" Soft Cell
"Blister In the Sun" Violent Femmes
"O.P.P" Naughty By Nature
"Let's Spend The Night Together" The Rolling Stones
"Take It Off" The Donnas
"Do You Wanna Touch?" Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
"She Bop" Cyndi Lauper
"Sweet Cream Ladies" The Box Tops
"Flesh For Fantasy" Billy Idol
"Love To Love You Baby" Donna Summer
"Cherry Hill Park" Billy Joe Royal
"Rhapsody In the Rain" Lou Christie
"Naughty Naughty" John Parr
"Humpin" The Gap Band
"Good Girls Don't" The Knack
"Cherry Pie" Warrant
"I Want To Do Something Freaky To You" Leon Haywood
"Hot Rod Hearts" Robbie Dupree
"Don't Touch Me There" The Tubes
"Kama Sutra" Bonzo Dog Band
"Let's Pretend We're Married" Prince

There are enough of these for a second "pancake" Ipod playlist. I hope people are not getting too tired of the Ipod playlist. You must understand I'm a frustrated radio program director at heart 

          

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...