Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I AM NOT ASHAMED IPOD PLAYLIST 8

I haven't unleashed one of these since February. So here is another group of guilty pleasures that I am not ashamed to have in my Ipod. Some would laugh at me and some would scorn me, but I just crank these up and sing along.

The Brooklyn Bridge - "Worst That Could Happen"
Del Shannon - "Kelly"
Gary Glitter - "I'm the Leader of the Gang (I Am)"
Lancelot Link and the Evolution Revolution - "Sha-La Love You" (Chimps in clothing make great music)
Tal Bachman - "She's So High"
The Chakachas "Jungle Fever" (Early 70s dance/orgasm number made famous in Boogie Nights)
Color Me Badd - "I Wanna Sex You Up"
Golden Earring - "Dong Dong Di-Ki-Di-Gi-Dong" (They gave us vaguely risque bubblegum/sunshine pop before "Radar Love" & "Twilight Zone")
Jon & Robin and The In Crowd - "Do It Again, Just a Little Bit Slower" (Speaking of  vaguely risque bubblegum/sunshine pop)
Jane Child - "Don't Want To Fall In Love"
Mink Deville - "Spanish Stroll"
Dan Fogleberg - "Part of the Plan"
Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel - "Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me)"
The Jacksons - "Shake You Body (Down To the Ground)"
Desi, Dino & Billy - "I'm a Fool"
The Smithereens - "Behind the Wall of Sleep"
Serge Gainsbourg & Jane Birkin - "Je T'Aime...Mon Non Plus" (If you want to cause a commotion in a public place, play this orgasmic French on the jukebox)
Chubby Checker - "The Class" (His first hit and part of the strange genre of "imitation" songs)
Barry Manilow - "Copacabana"
Pilot - "Magic"
The Critters - "Mr. Diengly Sad"
Chris Rea - "Fool (If You Think It's Over)"
Flock of Seagulls - "I Ran (So Far Away)"
Billy Joel - "Say Goodbye to Hollywood" (The original studio version from the Turnstiles LP)
Bill Parsons - "The All American Boy" (The record company made a mistake. The singer is really Bobby Bare)
Glass Tiger - "Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone)"
Blue Swede - "Hooked On a Feeling"
Firehouse - "Don't Treat Me Bad"
Heinz - "Just Like Eddie" (Cochran, that is.)
    

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...