Friday, June 29, 2012

THE MO-DETTES - WHITE MICE



I thought I would post this video of the punk girl band the Mo-Dettes to announce that 1) I am planing a 80s playlist like the recent "Campy 70s" playlist. I intend to make it fun, even though I notice when it comes to the two decades in the world retro blogs, some of the 80s folks don't have a sense of humor about the decade.

These people don' wallow in the badness like the 70s crowd does. They tend to either think the 80s were the greatest decade ever and not to be made fun of or they are embarrassed by the fun and frivolous things. These bloggers will tell you that their favorite song is "God Bless the U.S.A" by Lee Greenwood, their favorite movie is Red Dawn and since junior high they wanted to be either a stock broker or a computer analyst. Trust me, I'm from the 80s and I wasn't like that, although most of the people I graduated high school with were. In the words of Holden Caulfield, these people are "phonies" or, as I used to say on the old blog, they are "weenie bloggers."

The 70s oriented retro bloggers can't make up their mind if their favorite movie is Clockwork Orange, Star Wars, Blazing Saddles or Behind the Green Door. They like the Eagles, the Bee Gees and Led Zeppelin, but also "The Night Chicago Died" or "Kung-Fu Fighting." In college, the 70s bloggers were still try to decide between being a science fiction author or an adult film star.

Some 80s fans may whine and complain about what I choose. Oh well. My opinions are why I'm considered the Super Villain of the Ozarks. Mwu-HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

2) I have removed some of the other You Tube videos from the blog because they were either removed from You Tube or You Tube is blocking them. Honestly, I'm not that concerned about them at the moment, because most were posted during the Countdown to Halloween or Countdown to Christmas. In other words, they were posted by me just so I could have something to post. No big loss. So watch the Mo-Dettes while you can.   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...