Tuesday, July 3, 2012

DESDINOVA'S CAMPY 80's PLAYLIST

As I promised (or threatened), I have created a campy 80s playlist, much like the campy 70s playlist. I mentioned I was apprehensive about doing this, because some people that grew up in the 80s don't have a sense of humor about the music and culture of that era. On the other hand, as graduate of the class of 1987, I want to point out those songs that scream 80s. None of these songs are not bad. As a matter of fact, I don't think any of these are as bad as some of the songs on the 70s playlist, it is just they sound "so 1980s." The minute you hear them you say "That song  is from the 80s." As with the other list, I have included songs by some great major artist, because it wouldn't be an 80s list without these artist or the particular song. Also a few of these are actually songs from around 78 or 79, but they sure sound like the 80s. These are in no particular order.

The Buggles - "Video Killed The Radio Star"
The Mo-Dettes - "White Mice"
Prince - "1999"
Devo - "Whip It"
Bauhaus - "Bela Lugosi's Dead"
Stacey Q - "Two Hearts"
Loverboy - "Notorious"
Eddie Rabbit - "I Love a Rainy Night"
Frank & Moon Zappa - "Valley Girl"
Flock of Seagulls - "I Ran (So Far Away)"
Animotion - "Obsession"
The Bangles - "Walk Like an Egyptian"
Corey Hart - "Sunglasses at Night"
Yes - Owner of a Lonely Heart
Olivia Newton-John - Physical
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Aldo Nova - Fantasy
The Gap Band - "You Dropped a Bomb on Me"
Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam - "Lost In Emotion"
Kim Carnes - "Bette Davis Eyes"
The J. Geils Band - "Centerfold"
Duran Duran - "Hungry Like The Wolf"
Bruce Springstein - "Born in the U.S.A"
Diesel - "Sausalito Summer Night"
Rick James - "Super Freak"
Cyndi Lauper - "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"
Human League - "Don't You Want Me"
Madonna - "Like a Virgin"
Pet Shop Boys - "West End Girls"
Peter Schilling - "Major Tom (Coming Home)"
Nena - "99 Red Balloons"
Rick Springfield - "Jessie's Girl"
Soft Cell - "Tainted Love/Where Did Our Love Go"
Thomas Dolby - "She Blinded Me With Science"
Wham! - "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go"
The Eurythmics - "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of These)"
Yaz - "Situation"
Earth, Wind and Fire - "Let's Groove"
Billy Idol - "Hot In The City"
Culture Club - "Karma Chameleon"
Van Halen - "Jump"
Kool & The Gang - "Celebration"
Gary Numan - "Cars"
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - "I Love Rock & Roll"
Michael Sembello - "Maniac"
Motley Crue - "Shout at the Devil"
Pat Benetar - "Sex as a Weapon"
Robert Palmer - "Addicted To Love"
Warrant - "Cherry Pie"
Sheena Easton - "Morning Train"
The Police - "Roxanne"
Peter Gabriel - "Games Without Frontiers"
Mike & The Mechanics - "Silent Running"
Katrina & The Waves - "Walking On Sunshine"
The Cars - "Shake It Up"
Bonnie Tyler - "Total Eclipse of the Heart"

I'm sure somebody reading this is thinking I left off something or one of their favorites. This is just one playlist. Since I'm a product of the 80s, I may do another 80s playlist. I also plan a heavy metal playlist, so I may take care of some omissions there.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...