Friday, June 8, 2012

I AM NOT ASHAMED PART 2


I couldn't wait. I needed to post a second volume of guilty pleasures  music "I am not ashamed" to like. I hope to update the Amazon store at the left of the blog with these songs or I may link them to Amazon's downloads.

DESDINOVA'S "I AM NOT ASHAMED" GUILTY PLEASURES PLAYLIST:

Amy Holland - "How Do I Survive"
Jennifer Page - "Crush"
The Equals - "Baby Come Back" (Early Eddy Grant)
The Bluenotes - "I Don't Know What It Is" (Cheesy 50s rock & roll love song)
Bob Seger and the Last Heard - "East Side Story" (His first record)
Vanilla Fudge - "You Keep Me Hanging On"
Karla Bonoff - "Personally"
Kate Bush - "Hammer Horror"
Tanya Tucker - "Can I See You Tonight?" (Remember the poster of her in a black leather jumpsuit holding T.N.T?)
Mama Cass - "California Earthquake" (She had a lot of courage to sing the line, "They tell me the fault-line runs right through here." Just saying.)
The Kingston Trio - "M.T.A"
Lindsfarne - "Lady Elenore"
Earl Grant - "House of Bamboo" (A cool song from an organist who sounded like Nat King Cole)
Kim Wilde - "Love Blonde" (The video sold me on this song. Kim Wilde is sssoooo sexy!)
Glen Campbell - "Wichita Lineman" (Jimmy Webb/Glen Campbell-sunshine pop/country masterpiece with a synthesizer. I also like this because my father was a lineman at the time this was popular.)
Peter Murphy - "Cuts You Up" (Former Bauhaus singer with a Goth rock hit from my early days in radio)
Pet Shop Boys & Dusty Springfield - "What Have I Done To Deserve This?"
Argent - "Hold Your Head Up"
Labelle - "Lady Marmalade"
Boys Don't Cry - "I Want To Be a Cowboy"
Middle of the Road - "Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep"
Katy Perry - "I Kissed a Girl"
James & Bobby Purify - "I'm Your Puppet"
Michael Cox - "Angela Jones" (Another cover better than the original. A Joe Meek production.)
The Buggles - "Video Killed the Radio Star" (Actually it was stupid, greedy people in management.)
Nik Kershaw - "Wouldn't It Be Good" 
Dean Friedman - "Ariel" (At the time this came out, people mistakenly thought this song was by Billy Joel.)
Roseanne Cash - "Seven Year Ache" (I always wanted to be the guy she is singing about.)
Canned Heat - "Going Up The Country" (I also like the song they did with the Chipmunks.)
Depeche Mode - "People Are People"
Daniel Boone - "Beautiful Sunday"
Fever Tree - "San Francisco Girls" (Is there a bad record containing fuzztone guitar and feedback?)
Olivia Newton-John - "Physical" (A big number one hit that radio stations don't play today.)
Marcy Playground - "Sex and Candy"
The Barbarians - "Are You a Boy or Are You a Girl?" (A mid-60s garage band making fun of homophobic jerks. The band's drummer, Moultly, had a prosthetic hook for a hand.)
Focus - "Hocus Pocus" (70s Prog/metal with a yodeler)
Four Seasons - "December 1963 (Oh What a Night)"
The Blow Monkeys - "Digging Your Scene" (I'd like anything from a group called The Blow Monkeys.)
The Bay City Rollers - "You Made Me Believe Magic"
Circus Maximus - "The Wind" (Jazzy/folk/psychedelic group with Jerry Jeff Walker)
Bananarama - "Cruel Summer"   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...