Saturday, April 23, 2016

DESDINOVA'S FAVORITE PRINCE SONGS


I was attracted to Prince, not just because of his music was great, but because he was considered "evil" by adults. Most people seem to have forgotten about this in the passing years. Of course, the right-wing arm of the media is trying to remind us of this, while scandalizing his death. I notice they leave out the name of the person, who brought Prince's erotic hits to public scrutiny: Tipper Gore, ex-wife of former Vice President Al Gore Jr.

I spent most of one summer trying to tape a perfect recording of "When Doves Cry" from the radio. I loved the opening fuzztone guitar solo.

Remember these are my personal rankings, not anything official.

1. "When Doves Cry"
2. "Little Red Corvette"
3. "Let's Go Crazy"
4. "Peach"
5. "Delirious"
6. "Darling Nikki"
7. "U Got the Look"
8. "1999"
9. "Raspberry Beret"
10. "Purple Rain"
11. "Kiss"
12. "Take Me With U"
13. "I Would Die for You"
14. "I Wanna Be Your Lover"
15. "Controversy"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...