Thursday, October 31, 2013

PHANTOM OF THE OPERA STILL

The Phantom of the Opera is one of the first major horror films. We have probably scene every still from that film over and over. A few years back I bought this one at Dick's Old Time 5 & 10, in Branson, Missouri, out of a pile of large (11 x14) random movie stills. I could only scan the top half. Most of the great movie stills focus on the Phantom's full face. Here he is looking down at the ground.

How about I also give you the famous unmasking scene from the 1925 film. Most DVD's use a 1929 re-release print, which doesn't seem to be as scary.



While I'm at it, I'll give you Sarah Brightman and Steve Harley (of Cockney Rebel fame) singing The Phantom of the Opera from Andrew Lloyd Weber.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...